Sunday, January 3, 2021

Day 3 - Half a Pupil Clearer


I have an eye shade headband that I sleep with to keep the light out so I can sleep better (you’d be surprised how bright our van bedroom can be at night under a moon or a yard light or whatever, because of our plastic vent fan cover - it’s pretty translucent).

Anyway, I have a wide-band eye shade that covers the ears to purportedly keep the noise down as well, but it doesn’t help with noise at all. It’s wide enough that it has an inverted V-shaped cutout on the bottom edge in front, to accommodate my nose. It’s very comfortable and I sleep with it every night, and sometimes nap with it during the day.

Anyway, I awoke in the night not long ago and got up to use the bathroom and was surprised at how clearly I could read the numbers on the LED clock without my glasses on! OMG they were so clear and not much blurring at all. I thought I was dreaming at first. (really!)

Turns out, my eye shade headband was all twisted and out of place, (think: Uncle Tim Hair) and the edge of the V-shaped cutout was covering half of my eye (the other eye was covered completely). When I pulled the eye shade off, the numbers went full-blur again.

But now I know a neat trick - When I’m in bed or somewhere and my glasses are not easy to reach, if I need to read something I’ll hold my fingertip just in front of one eye, covering half of my pupil and voila - I can read things I otherwise wouldn’t be able to.

How cool is that?

I think it’s because of physics or optics or something.

And photo number 2 as expected shows the sprouts starting to sprout!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment