Sunday, June 14, 2009

June 14th - Photowalk



Killing 2 birds with one stone today - First, our theme this week is "Post-processing Effects", so here I am 5 times in one image. Thanks Photoshop! And thanks Cody! Cody was instrumental in helping me do this project today. He clicked the shutter release for me and also kept guard over all my gear as I ran to the Men's room at the port to change clothes. He also helped me line up the different postions for my various poses.
Second, I am excited to announce that I will be leading a Photowalk this summer. I saw a post on Celina's blog recently mentioning a Photowalk. I had no idea what that was, so I checked into it and was quite intrigued. But then I saw that none were offered near Friday Harbor, so I applied to lead one myself and I was accepted. So anyone reading this is welcome and encouraged to join me for this on July 18th. You can read more about it here. It's totally free, but you do need to register.
1/125th sec. f/16 iso 200

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! So glad you are heading up a walk. They really are a fun event. Love the idea behind this photo and wow, I'm impressed you even changed outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious: did you need to dial back the exposure a smidge in post? The sunny 16 rule would suggest 1/200th as proper exposure and you're almost a stop over that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric - Actually, just the opposite - I had to brighten the images in Photoshop by 1.6. Not sure why, but maybe because I switched to my wide angle lens when I was setting up the shot and I forgot to turn off the camera when I removed the other lens? And then I don't remember checking all the settings when I put the wide angle on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have quite a split personality! Would love to go on a photo walk with you - but I'll be at the opposite end of the continent. I'll have to learn via your blog (and I have).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such dedication to your art! A really interesting shot. Well done.

    ReplyDelete