Thursday, April 9, 2009

April 9th - Lime Kiln Rocks

Lime Kiln State Park

I took the fluffy one to Lime Kiln State Park on the west side tonight chasing after a sunset, but it didn't turn out to be much. Instead, I turned around and thought I'd try to get the Madrona trees on the point. This was shot just after sunset and it was quite a bit darker than it appears here because of the 5-second exposure. I like how the water takes on a surreal look from a long exposure like this, even allowing the rocks to show through the surface better than you would see if you were standing there yourself.
5 sec. F/22 iso 200

5 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to have to try a long exposure photo one of these days. I love the effect those 5 seconds had on the water in this photo. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have to learn more about my camera.
    This is a beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really brings out the color in the madronnas too. Love It.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Yeah, long exposures on moving water can give some really cool looks!

    ReplyDelete