Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 10th - Hole in the Clouds

Hole in the CloudsI got a tip tonight from my good friend Ian that the full moon rising over Griffin Bay might make a good photo for the day, so I rushed out there and took several shots, but my lens couldn't pull the moon close enough so it just looks like a white dot in the photo (well not quite, but almost). Anyway, while I was out there I looked toward the southwest and noticed this hole in the clouds, so I shot a few frames of it too, and this one, after some photoshop work took the winning spot tonight.
8 sec. f/22 iso 800

2 comments:

  1. You got that idea from Joe McNally's book in the chapter with the baptism party heading for the water. It goes something like: "whenever you think you've got the shot, turn around".

    Even if that wasn't the inspiration, the photo shows it was worth it to get out tonight - it's a great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that! Love the scene.

    ReplyDelete