Friday, March 6, 2009

March 6th - Shattered

Shattered
Wow. OK, this is art now. We're talkin' HIGH ART. So high it's downright disturbing. (Yes... Disturbing! That's me in there!!!) I think I'll go have a nightmare. Naw I'm just kidding. I did quite a few shots for this project, and this one came out the best as far as how my eyes looked. In some of the others my eyes were split over several pieces of glass; in some I made a scary face; in some I made a terrified face... I guess when I mentioned nightmares, I was thinking about those others rather than this one.
1/250th sec. f/22 iso 800



And..........it's Friday, and Friday is Twinkie Day! Here's the latest from Good Ol' Twink.

10 comments:

  1. very nicely done....tell us about the process

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lance, thanks for the interest. Here's the setup I used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really impressive image and thanks for the set-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!

    So, did you have a nightmare? Anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the glass is in focus in the bottom half and out of focus at the top. The play of light on the bottom really helps too - is that what you controlled with the gobo?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Yes, when working on this, I bumped the gobo once and it didn't get placed back in quite the same spot, so some light hit those pieces in subsequent shots and I liked how it gave more definition to what was reflecting my image. That's why I added the 2nd strobe on 1/16 too... Before that, it was unclear what was going on and just looked like a mess of fragments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wish I could have done this with the image of the glass right side up - I had to invert it 180 degrees in photoshop, otherwise, my face would be upside down. But now the glass is upside down and it looks weird. I thought of standing on my head for the shoot, but dismissed that idea pretty quickly... but you know, I just might try that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay the Twinkie. Is it supposed to look like that underneath? (I've never seen one before).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah that's what they look like. They have cream filling inside and I guess those are the 3 ports where they inject it.

    ReplyDelete